Heeelloooo Mummies and Daddies!
So if you’re a Scottish resident, you may of heard that you will be getting your very own Baby Boxes! All this should be kicking off from Summer 2017. Are you excited? Because we’re excited. This is not only a fantastic idea, but it’s going to help so many!
An idea that originated from Finland, now used by a small number of hospitals in the UK and now Scotland. For over 70 years, parents in Finland have always been given a free box for a their baby to sleep. Sounds silly but with the worlds leading statistics in low infant deaths, they must be something that every family needs.
In aid to help and reduce SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome), Scotland is gifting every parent a free Baby Box that is full to the brim with essentials to help your baby have the best start in life. From clothes, to nappies to even toys – Scotland’s Nicola Sturgeon is aiming to help everyone because she cares.
Nicola Sturgeon said:
“Scotland’s Baby Box is a strong signal of our determination that every child, regardless of their circumstances, should get the best start in life.
“The Box contains around 40 different essential items for new babies and for parents. It’s a simple idea with a proven record in tackling deprivation, improving health and supporting parents, and I’m proud and excited that the pilot is now underway.
“Being a parent is the most important but also the most difficult job there is so it’s important that parents get as much support as possible. The Box complements the existing services available to help babies and parents to thrive in the crucial early months.”
Mum to be Joan McKinven said:
“I’m very impressed with the contents of the box. I think any support will be appreciated by new parents. There are a lot of helpful items so I think it will be well used.”
Gillian Morton, Head of Midwifery at NHS Forth Valley said:
“We are delighted that Clackmannanshire has been selected as one of the pilot sites for the new baby boxes. Pregnant women from the local area are really looking forward to receiving their boxes and we are sure the wide range of items will be very useful during those important early weeks and months.”
So? Want to know what you get in one of these amazing boxes?
Some of the items in the Scottish Baby Box are listed below;
- Mattress protector
- Fitted cot sheets
- Satin edged cellular blanket
- Pramsuit with hood
- All-in-one day suit
- Romper and bodysuit set
- Scratch mittens
- Short-sleeved bodysuit
- Long-sleeved bodysuit
- Long-sleeved bodysuit with integral scratch mitten
- Long-sleeved wraparound bodysuit
- Footed leggings
- Fleece jacket with hood
- Jersey trousers
- Baby wrap
- Hooded bath towel
- Cloth nappy and liners
- Digital ear thermometer and replacement hygiene cover
- Natural bath sponge
- Bath and room baby thermometer and battery
- Dribbler bib
- Organic cotton muslin squares
- Comforter / soother toy
- PlayTalkRead play mat
- PlayTalkRead travel changing mat
- Baby book
- Nursing pads
The Clothes range from newborn, 0-3 months and 3-6 months. So you don’t have to worry in regards to what will and will not fit. But it’s pretty amazing how much is packed into a box that is just for you and your baby!
The three-month test begins today in Clackmannanshire and Orkney. The plan is to that soon the Baby Box will be given to ALL newborns by the summer, 2017.
Join the fun at our Facebook group – Bump, Baby and You.
Follow us for updates on Instagram – BumpBabyYou.
Tweet us – Bump, Baby and You.
Alternatively, you can follow me on my personal account – @BethanyCollings.
- Baby Events – January 2017 - 13th January 2017
- Fiddle Necklace – Etsy Find Of The Day - 12th January 2017
- Positivity Wednesday #9 - 11th January 2017
- Coronation Street Heartbreak For Michelle And Steve - 8th January 2017
- Daddy & Son Tees – Etsy Finds Of The Day - 7th January 2017
- Positivity Wednesday #8 - 4th January 2017
- Scotland Release Plans For Baby Box In Latter 2017 - 4th January 2017
- Top 10 Products New Parents Can Avoid - 3rd January 2017
- How To Design Your Own Tree Of Life - 28th December 2016
- Positivity Wednesday #7 - 28th December 2016