Giving birth is a hard enough job as it is, without the added stress of complications and trying to get comfortable. But what if there is something out there that can help lower the risks?
The CUB (Comfortable Upright Birth) Support is an alternative, more high tech version of your common birthing ball. This inflatable birth support is designed to help mothers choose different positions that aid the body during labour and birth.
When in labour, the upright position can help the baby to be in the best (easiest) position for birth, making more space within the Mum’s pelvis than if she is semi-sitting or lying on her back. This can not only make labour shorter and giving birth easier but also safer for mother and the baby by reducing any risks of complications during birth.
The CUB can be used in maternity hospitals, birth centres or at home births.
This product is also lightweight and versatile.
What does their research say?
- Being upright during labour and birth can increase the space within your pelvis for your baby to be born by 28-30%.
- Your labour contractions can be more effective.
- Your baby will cope better with labour and birth and will be less distressed, 54% less incidence of fetal heart abnormalities.
- The length of the first stage of your labour, between 3-10 centimetres can be significantly reduced by up to 50%.
- A shorter second stage (pushing stage) of labour.
- You are 23% less likely to need a medically assisted birth. More space, less distress and a shorter labour results in fewer necessary intervention.
- You are 21% less likely to need an episiotomy which is a small cut to your perineum to increase the room for baby to be born.
- You have a 29% reduced chance of having an emergency caesarean section.
One NHS Midwife said, “Each CUB comes packaged in its own CUB branded box and includes a Manual inflation pump, Terry cotton cover, CUB drawstring carrier bag and Product information leaflet.”We love the CUB seats and so do the women. We use them everyday….I would say women either kneel on the floor and lean over them or sit on them. They are extremely comfortable for the women and more static than a birthing ball… The CUBs are brilliant.”