The I can’t be arsed Christmas guide for mums who can’t be arsed BUT have to be arsed because it’s Christmas…and you got kids now. (And you love it really)
Long are the days I used to go Christmas shopping in town and come back with presents…for myself…OBVIOUSLY it’s magical and I can be bothered of course it’s just a lot of planning and expense and sometimes we spend so much time stressing that we actually miss the whole point of Christmas..yes the presents! Of course but what about the true meaning…
Christmas doing your head in? Anxious 10/10? just can’t seem to get the list down?
10 Christmas hacks I used to live by before becoming a responsible parent…
1. Become a planetarium -I’m not doing gifts this year to save the planet. All the waste and the plastic and the fumes from Santa’s slay it’s not worth it. Save the planet the world is a gift, savour it…always respect the ocean.
2. Can’t think what to buy my dad yet again or my grandad or any man in our family yet again…get down to boots 3 for 2 they have a fab selection of lynx and socks just for a change.
3. Forgot someone?… Sainsburys is great for the forgotten gift, they even do vouchers…you could always improvise and give your friends the gross scarf your Gran gave you.
4. In laws. Enough said.
5. The gift of love, give someone a hug for Christmas
6. Groupon have some great offers…
7. Amazon well I don’t even have to leave the house? Maybe they will gift wrap..moon pig do….MOON PIG everyone at Christmas!
8. How about a Christmas Email?
9. Facebook shout out?
10. Instagram tag?
11. I’m desperate now. Time to get off your arse and sort it Hun! You can do it
It’s crazy this time of year but as a mum it is actually overwhelming because you have to think about everyone else and not just the kids. Actually my brain is struggling to function anyway. One thing I will say though, is that we stress so much about the wrong issues because deep down all that matters is the people we love and the time we spend together. This time of year can be tough and especially for people with lost loved ones. Cherish your family and practice gratitude everyday….
And if you’re stressed out just do it all online whilst your up in the night with the new born baby! It’s amazon’s prime time lol!
Jokes aside as long as my boys are smiling that will be enough for me, it’s all for them.
Enjoy December Folks!
Spread love and kindness in all the uncertainty in this world for what is life without love xxx