When choosing the right changing bag there are a number of things to bear in mind. Here’s how to choose the perfect changing bag to suit your needs!
One of the main bits of advice we can give about choosing a changing bag is to think about your lifestyle and your day-to-day activities. If you do a lot of walking, you’ll need something comfortable to carry, if you need to spend long periods away from home, you’ll need to think about space for bottles/feeding accessories, changes of clothes as well as nappies, wipes and creams etc. Whereas if you don’t venture too far, you may wish to have a smaller bag. It’s also worth bearing in mind that your changing bag will replace your handbag for a while so you might like it to look good.
What to look for when choosing a changing bag:
- Does it come with a wipe clean changing mat? Not only is it nice to have a matching bag and mat but it will fit perfectly into the bag.
- Does it have enough pockets? Yes, think of baby’s things, but also think of your own. You may need somewhere for your purse, phone and keys etc. Keep this in mind when you’re making your decision.
- Does it have internal compartments? You may need to keep used nappies and soiled clothing separate from clean items and bottles etc. Internal compartments are great for this.
- Does it have any insulated pockets? You may want to keep milk or food cool/warm. Insulated pockets can help with this.
- Does it have a wipe-clean lining? You’ll be carrying a lot of things that can spill, leak, or dirty your lovely bag, make sure you can wipe it clean.
- Is it comfortable? When deciding which bag to go for, ensure it’s comfortable. Look for adjustable or padded shoulder straps, after-all, you may be carrying it for a long time.
- Does it fit over your pushchair? Just double check that it will fit over your pushchair to offer you some relief while you’re out and about.
Take a look at some of these wonderful changing bags we’ve found:
Oh My Baby! Boho Changing Bag
Skip Hop Chelsea Backpack Changing Bag
Cosatto Changing Bags
Monogrammed Denim Blue Changing Bag
Cath Kidston Twilight Garden Backpack Nappy Bag
More Cath Kidston
Travelnest Changing Bag and Carrycot, Smoke Grey
So there you have it! Some fabulous advice to help you choose the best changing bag to suit you and your lifestyle. If you’ve found a fab-bag, let us know in the comments below!
All affiliate links are marked with an *