BeSafe have posted the following recall alert on their website…
To summarise the recall:
- Affects only BeSafe iZi Go X1 with serial number from ZG0247548 till ZG(0)270529
- Affected seats are to be repaired immediately at selected BeSafe retailers from week commencing 16th March 2020
- The potential issue is only when using with the BeSafe iZi Go X1 ISOfix base. It is safe to use the seat when installed with the vehicle seat belt
- This does not affect BeSafe iZi Go Modular X1 i-Size, BeSafe iZi Go Modular i-Size, iZi Modular i-Size base or any other BeSafe products
BeSafe have summarised the reasons for the recall…
“We are issuing a recall to repair based on a potential safety issue with a component in the seat BeSafe iZi Go X1. The performance of the seat did not meet our standards in our routine testing. This was the case only in the most extreme setting of the several tests we regularly perform. We have not received any reports about incidents or accidents related to this.
The issue is caused by a small tolerance change in a modified component involved in connecting the seat to the ISOfix base. This component was modified late 2017, but regular routine tests conducted after the modification showed no issues, only the most recent test conducted in February 2020 did. We could therefore narrow down the window of affected seats to after the previous test with no issues. However, as our own safety and product quality standards are extremely high, we have chosen to go beyond what is required and to recall all seats that contain the modified component.
Since we have clearly identified the cause of the issue, we have developed a repair solution which eliminates the safety risk. We have thoroughly crash-tested the repair solution to ensure that it makes the seat 100% safe to use.”
What should I do if I have this recalled seat?
- First, check if your baby car seat is a BeSafe iZi Go X1
- If it is, check the serial number on your seat
- If your serial number is between ZG0247548 and ZG(0)270529, you must contact your nearest selected BeSafe retailer immediately to have the seat repaired. The repair takes no longer than 10 minutes according to BeSafe!
- Install the seat with the vehicle belt in the meantime. Find out how to here.
- If you have purchased a new BeSafe iZi Go X1 from 9th March 2020 onwards please check that it has the “CHECK 2020” sticker next to the serial number label. This means that this seat has been repaired and is perfectly safe to use!
Where can I get my seat repaired?
Love from Katie & Team BBY. Xx
IMAGE CREDIT: BESAFE