October 1st 2019 is International Coffee Day!
As parents, I’m sure most of us are pretty big fans of this hot caffeinated (usually) benefit, be it an espresso, latte, macchiato, or any of the many different ways we can savour coffee!
What is International Coffee Day?
International Coffee Day is a global day dedicated to celebrating the joys of coffee, and the millions of people who work to create this wonderful beverage.
The organisers of International Coffee Day have stated…
“Coffee has never been more popular, with an estimated 3 billion cups consumed every day, a number which continues to rise. The diverse mix of global celebrations that take place on International Coffee Day truly showcase coffee as one of the world’s most loved beverages.”
This years campaign is aimed at specifically helping poor farmers around the world to receive a fair income from their work; coffee prices have dropped more than 30% even with demand rising, and many farmers are struggling to live off their income. On average, a farmer will receive only 1 cent for every 3 dollar cup of coffee sold!
How can I help?
What are the benefits of drinking coffee?
People everywhere globally laud coffee as the drink of choice, and we can see why – coffee brings so many benefits!
- Caffeine helps us when we’re overtired, especially if your little one is going through a sleep regression.
- It can help to regulate your bowels if you’re prone to constipation (TMI but it’s the truth…)!
- Coffee is high in antioxidants which are great for reducing inflammation in our cells.
- It contains B vitamins, magnesium, and potassium.
- It has stimulant properties, fab for people who struggle with their attention span.
- Research suggests that 3 coffees a day can lengthen lifespan by reducing the risk of of several conditions such as heart disease!
- It is thought to aid the breakdown of body fat!
- It will help to warm you up on a cold winter morning.
Our favourite coffee merchandise!
Fair Trade Coffee
Looking to try a new coffee? These are our top rated coffee blends – all Fair Trade!
Why not treat the coffee aficionado in your life to a coffee themed gift this Christmas?
These hampers are the perfect way to show a coffee lover your love, or perhaps a delicious treat from you to you…?
OH EM GEE! These novelty coffee cups are gorgeous and a fabulous way to energise in style first thing in the morning!
Happy International Coffee Day, folks – enjoy!
Love from Katie & Team BBY. Xx
(All affiliate links are marked with an asterix)