If you’re struggling to get hold of pasta in the shops, and do have some flour stashed away (most of us probably do), then Jamie Oliver has saved the day with this super easy 2 ingredient pasta recipe.
How to make pasta with just two ingredients…
In response to the covid-19 outbreak, cooking legend Jamie Oliver has shared this brilliant recipe with the public for free on channel 4. It’s really easy and doesn’t require any specific pasta making equipment, either. We’ll definitely be trying this one…
- Plain flour
- Add flour into a bowl – Jamie goes by eye, a big handful per person so use common sense and adjust for numbers!
- Add a splash of water Mix the two ingredients together with a fork – if it’s too sticky, add more flour.
- Once shiny and not too sticky, it’s already done.
- Roll it out until it’s thin.
- Dust with a little bit more flour and then roll out again.
- When it’s shiny and not too sticky, it’s done!
- Cut the pasta into half a centimetre thick slices, or as thick as you prefer. You could even create lasagne sheets or other shapes of pasta…
- Toss pasta between hands.
- Add to boiling water.
Viola – lovely pasta that cost pennies to make using flour you’ve had hidden in the cupboard from a past baking attempt.
His 3 minute pasta sauce tutorial is another recipe worth learning…
Who needs jarred sauces when you can make a delicious fresh sauce so quickly?! Top it with some oozy cheese, and maybe avoid the chilli if you are cooking for children too…
Thank you, Jamie! You are the hero parents need…
Love from Katie & Team BBY. Xx
(Image credit: Channel 4)