Next week most of the nation’s 3 and 4 year-olds will be saying bye-bye to their grown-ups and starting their own independent adventure as they start Nursery or School! If you’re wondering how to make ‘First Day of School’ memories to last a lifetime – we’ve got you covered!
You may be wondering where the last 3/4 years have gone, or be delighted that their free childcare has started. Maybe, you don’t know how to feel? That’s ok too! One thing that we can all agree on is that you’ll want to remember your little one’s first day of nursery or school forever!
Here’s some ideas on how to make first day of school memories!
Memories to make the evening before:
- Take a video of them! Ask them what they are looking forward to, what they want to be when they grow up etc.
- Read a book together – There are some great ‘starting school’ book out there!
- Talk – Soak up very bit of your baby before they start school!
Memories to make the morning of:
- Take the obligatory ‘First Day of School’ photo.
- Mark their height on a door frame and measure them on the first day of every school year.
- Get the family involved – video call or set off early to show family how smart your little one looks!
- Plan something fun afterwards – It’ll give them (and you!) something to focus on!
10 ways to make the day extra special:
If you want to make the day extra special – take a look at some of these gorgeous keepsakes we’ve found.
1. Personalised First Day Of School Mini Photo Album
What we love about this is that you can keep adding to the album, meaning you can take a picture of their first day of school every year and have them all in one place!
2. Personalised My First Day at School Sign
How simple and cute is this sign? You’ll be able to take the most gorgeous photo’s with your little one holding this. You could make the text more generic so the all of your children could use it!
3. First Day of School Chalkboard
This is another stunning sign for their first day! Fill in the blanks and take a photo on the first day of their new school year!
4. First day of school height keepsake
This is such a unique keepsake! You inform the creator of your child’s height they turn it into the most stunning little sign. Imagine untying it in years to come and remembering just how little they were!
5. Printable Sign: First and Last day of Nursery School
Now this is a good idea – You can print the design out and use it on their first and last day of nursery! What’s also great is that you can just print for more if you have other children.
6. Engraved Personalised School Uniform Hanger
This is so sweet! It would be so special getting the little one to help pop their uniform on one of these for their big day. It’s perfect for keeping their first uniform on when they grow out of it.
7. ‘Good Luck on Your First Day of School’ Card
All big occasions need a card! Your little one will be so excited to receive this on their first day. It’s perfect for you to keep in a special place and look back on – Make sure you write a lovely message too!
8. Back to School Matching Bracelets
These are so sweet! You’ll have to check your school’s jewellery policy however they are perfect to give now and maybe they can wear it when they are older?
9. My first day at school Photo Frame
We love this frame! It’s so cute with the crayons and little pegs to add more than one photo in it.
10. First Day At School Ruler Keepsake
We love this – It’s unusual and practical! Of course you could just use it as a keep sake rather than let them use it. What ever you decided to do with it- they’ll love it!
Whatever the big day has in store- remember to give your little one, one last cuddle before you leave home!
(All affiliate links are marked with an asterix)