Googly Eyed Pumpkin Monster Halloween Activity
Over the weekend, in true Fall tradition, we made a trip to the popular Bob’s Corn & Pumpkin Farm and bagged home the most perfect, tiny, baby-sized pumpkins ever!
Back home, Gwen rolls these pumpkins around on the floor, sends them down the Pikler triangle slide and pretend cooks them in her toy kitchen lol. These pumpkins are great for toddler activities! This is one of the fun ideas I thought up.
Googly Eyed Pumpkin Monster Halloween Activity!
All you need are:
- Googly eyes (The standard black googly eyes are always available at Dollar Tree. Lately, they introduced the colored monster googly eyes! At $1/pack, Dollar Tree thank you!)
- Double-sided sticky tape (I got mine for $1.50/roll at Daiso)
- Little pumpkins (Trader Joe’s also sells mini pumpkins and gourds, if you’re not planning a trip to the farms!)
Demonstrate how the googly eyes stick onto the pumpkin and let free play happen!
Benefits of this Activity
- Improve fine motor skills (Lots of plucking off, sticking on hand movements in this activity)
- Encourage creativity (Let your child’s imagination run free as they design their own monster pumpkin!)
- Increase hand-eye coordination (Positioning the googly eyes onto the tape takes effort and practice!)
- Boost focus and concentration
- Enhance object recognition (Pumpkins will be their favourite things for a while haha.)
- Build language skills and vocabulary (Share a little about the fall season when pumpkins are harvested, about halloween being a festive celebration for people to dress-up etc)
- Provide a nice follow-up activity post farm or grocer’s visit where you got the pumpkins
If you like DIY halloween toddler activities, try making a cute Trick or Treat Pumpkin Bag with your little one!
To follow Gwen’s play adventures, check out @miraculove_sg (Instagram) or A Toddler Activity A Day Facebook Group.