How To Send a Birthday Card to Cbeebies
So you’ve probably watched Cbeebies every day for the last 700 days, each day thinking how much your little one would LOVE to have a birthday card for them read out by Cbeebies presenters, with their little face beaming back at them from the television screen. I mean, you’re not wrong, they'd would love it. So here’s what you’ve got to do to get featured…
It's especially important to note that this process has changed over the last couple of years - if you've done this in the past, it may have been before this change in procedure.
Step one - create your masterpiece!
Now there is no right answer with this – you can be as creative as you like. Just remember that little Bobby isn’t going to care if you haven’t quite captured Mr Tumble’s good side or that Bing’s ear has fallen off. All that matters is that they hear their name being said and can see themselves on the TV! Here are a few things to need to make sure you do / don’t do.
- Don’t make your card larger than A2 (A3 is fine too)
- Do make sure that your card is landscape (wide) as it’s better for TV.
- Do make sure you only use Cbeebies characters!
Read on to find the full list of important instructions...
Step two - send your card to Cbeebies!
This where things have changed - in the past, you would be asked to post the card. Since the pandemic, the process has changed. You need to take a picture of the card and send it to Cbeebies using the Send your stuff button at the bottom of the Cbeebies birthday card page - find it here.
Make sure to include the first name, age and a short message for the presenter. The cards will be updated daily on the Cbeebies website here! Read the instructions below and make sure to add all of the important details, pressing send once you've uploaded your picture.
Uploading your card...
- Upload your card so that it arrives at least three weeks before the birthday!
- Only put the first name and age of the child on the front of your birthday card.
- When submitting a birthday card please select the date of your child’s upcoming birthday in the date picker.
- Try to take the photo as good quality, in focus and well-lit as you can. Daylight is often the best.
- Put your message and the date of the birthday in the notes section of the uploader.
- Make sure the card is landscape (wide) rather than portrait (tall) as this is better for video.
- If you decorate the card with TV characters, please make sure that you only use CBeebies characters!
- All birthday cards must include a good quality photograph of the child on the front.
- Do not use photos of any child who you are not the parent of guardian of, or photos of any adults.
- Please make sure that there are no brands, logos or anything identifiable on the child's clothes, such as a school jumper, for safeguarding.
- Let them know how to pronounce any names on the card if you think it’s necessary.
- Make Sure To Visit The Webpage On The Day
- The birthday shout-outs video will stay on the Cbeebies birthday card page for 24hrs, from 12 midnight on the day, until the next. The new daily upload will overwrite the previous, so set your reminders.
Cbeebies say that unfortunately the video isn’t available after the birthday has passed. They don't offer the option to download, or send the video file to individuals so be sure to catch your birthday shoutout on the day! They suggest filming the screen from your phone camera if you'd like the video as a keepsake.
"By uploading a Birthday Card to the CBeebies House you are confirming that you are the legal guardian of the child or children featured in the birthday card and that you are happy for the card and child details to appear on the CBeebies website and possibly social media.
Sadly there is no guarantee that your card will be shown and you don’t get your card back so don’t be disappointed if it doesn’t make the cut. It just means that your little one has a lot of birthday buddies."
Other articles you may find useful...