Mummies – it’s time to get excited because Softplays and Brow Treatments are BACK from tomorrow!
The Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, announced the new measures today.
Under the latest changes:
- Indoor theatre, music and performance venues will be able to reopen with socially distanced audiences
- Wedding receptions in the form of a sit-down meal for up to 30 guests will be permitted
- The piloting of a small number of sporting events to test the safe return of spectators will resume, commencing with the final of the World Snooker Championship at Sheffield’s Crucible Theatre over the weekend
- Casinos, bowling alleys, skating rinks and soft play centres will be allowed to reopen
- “Close contact” beauty services such as facials, eyebrow threading, eyelash treatments, make up application and microblading will resume
- Pilots will take place at conference venues ahead of the expected resumption of business events from 1 October at the earliest
The Prime Minister Said: “Today, we are able to announce some further changes which will allow more people to return to work and the public to get back to more of the things they have missed.
“However, as I have always said, we will not hesitate to put on the brakes if required, or to continue to implement local measures to help to control the spread of the virus.”
Alongside the relaxing of the lockdown measures, the Government announced that there would be tough new measures targeting breaches of social distancing restrictions.
Fines for refusing to wear a mask could reach a maximum of £3,200 for serial offenders and illegal rave organisers face a penalty of up to £10,000.
“Most people in this country are following the rules and doing their bit to control the virus, but we must remain focused and we cannot be complacent,” Mr Johnson said.
“That is why we are strengthening the enforcement powers available to use against those who repeatedly flout the rules.”
Meanwhile, France, the Netherlands and a number of other destinations were also added to the UK’s quarantine list late on Thursday evening, meaning anyone returning from these places from Saturday will be required to self-isolate for 14 days.
Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /var/www/vhosts/bumpbabyandyou.co.uk/httpdocs/layouts/article.php on line 87