Holidays Are Coming… Coca-Cola Truck Tour Dates
Holidays are coming, and Team BBY are starting to get into the festive spirit!
The full 2019 tour dates have finally been confirmed for the famous Coca-Cola tour bus, an event that marks the beginning of the festive season for families across the UK. Visitors will be treated to a free 150ml can of Coke. We’re so excited!
- Friday 15 and Saturday 16 November : 32 Newcraighall Rd, Edinburgh
- Friday 15 and Saturday 16 November : 49 The Hayes, St David’s Dewi Sant, Cardiff
- Tuesday 19 November : Asda, Creechbarrow Rd Taunton
- Thursday 21 November : Asda Boldon, North Rd, Boldon Colliery
- Friday 22 and Saturday 23 November : White Rose Shopping Centre, Leeds
- Friday 22 and Saturday 23 November : Cribbs Causeway, Bristol
- Wednesday 27 November : Asda, Pudsey, Leeds
- Friday 29 and Saturday 30 November : Whiteley Shopping Centre, Portsmouth
- Friday 29 and Saturday 30 November : Marshalls Yard, Gainsborough
- Monday 2 December : Asda Eastlands, Manchester
- Tuesday 3 December : Asda, Leyton Mill, London
- Wednesday 4 December : Asda, Watford
- Friday 6 – Saturday 7 December : Intu Trafford Centre, Manchester
- Friday 6 – Saturday 7 December : Intu Merry Hill, Dudley
- Tuesday 10 December : Sainsbury’s Beckton, London
- Wednesday 11 December : Sainsbury’s Basildon, Essex
- Friday 13 and Saturday 14 December : Events Square, Cheshire Oaks, Ellesmere Port
- Friday 13 and Saturday 14 December : Intu Lakeside, Essex
- Sunday 15 December : O2 Arena, London
Why Does Coca-Cola Hold The Annual Christmas Truck Tour?
Quite a few people are unaware of the history behind the Coca-Cola truck tour!
The first trucks were shown on a 1995 Coca-Cola advert and were just props, not real trucks. This advert became synonymous with the start of the festive season, and in 2001 the first Coca-Cola truck tour came to life in the USA. After debuting in Germany and other European countries, the UK finally got their own in 2010!
With time, the Coca-Cola tour started to work in partnerships with charities each year; this year, the UK Coca-Cola bus tour is partnered with Crisis, the homelessness awareness charity. Coca-Cola will be donating 10p for every can recycled at their tour stops to Crisis.
Marketing Director at Coca-Cola Great Britain and Ireland Kris Robbens said:
“Christmas is all about sharing special moments with friends and loved ones and we’re looking forward to spreading the festive cheer across Great Britain again this year with our iconic Coca-Cola Christmas Truck Tour. Whilst Christmas is a moment of celebration, it’s also incredibly important to remember those that need support throughout the season. So, we’re really pleased to partner with Crisis and whilst guests at the tour enjoy a refreshing Coca-Cola zero sugar, when they recycle their can, they’ll be helping to support an amazing charity.”
Will you be going to your local tour stop? Tell us in the comments!
Love from Katie & Team BBY. Xx
(Image credit: Coca-Cola)