If you’re struggling to buy a loaf of bread or cake anywhere at the moment, this tip could be a great help.
Savvy Dannielle Luttrell has shared this clever bread recipe on Facebook, and it has proven VERY popular indeed… All you need is a slow cooker and…
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 cups of warm milk
- 2 Tbsp melted UNSALTED butter
- 1-3 tablespoons of sugar (add more if you like sweeter bread)
- 3 tablespoons of active dry yeast (conservative side)
- 6 cups of whole wheat flour (or 3 cups whole wheat & 3 cups all-purpose flour)
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
(We know that some of these measurements are US-based and a bit vague compared to exact quantities but it won’t be too difficult to emulate this recipe.)
Read the full method below!
Don't panic if you can't find bread in the shops, just make your own in the slow cooker