There are tons of possibilities for naming your baby and it’s a topic that causes endless conversations (and arguments) when you’re pregnant.
Maybe you’ve got really fixed ideas about what you want or not a clue about where to start. One big trend right now are names around a theme, and especially names that mean fire.
Love the idea of a sparky name? One that makes you think of a burning lust for life or a passion to achieve? Maybe you’re just someone who loves staring into flames or you like the idea of a name that comes from one of our essential elements. Fire has loads of meanings, from light and warmth to new life and the first rays from the sun.
Here are our top 40 names that mean fire, all with different origins. And we’ve mixed up traditional boy and girl names, who says you have to follow old-fashioned gender rules!
- Aarush - Indian - first rays of the sun
- Admani - Sanskrit - flames
- Aidan- Irish - fiery one
- Aithne - Irish - fire
- Alinta - Aboriginal - fire or flame
- Arpina - Armenian - rising of the sun
- Azar - Iranian - fire
- Barak - Hebrew - lightning
- Brenton - English - town near burnt land
- Bridget - Irish - ancient goddess of fire
- Calida - Latin - fiery or heated
- Conley - Gaelic - purifying fire
- Cyrus - Persian - sun
- Enya - Irish - fire
- Egan - Irish - little fire
- Elidi - Greek - gift of the sun
- Fiamma - Italian - flame
- Finlo - Irish - sun god
- Hestia - Greek - fireside
- Idalia - Greek - behold the sun
- Ignacio - Spanish - fiery
- Kiran - Sanskrit - sunbeam
- Langa - South African - sun
- Liekki - Finnish - flame
- Mehri - Persian - sunny
- Mishal - Arabic - torchbearer
- Nuria - Hebrew - fire of the lord
- Nuri - Arabic/Hebrew - light or my fire
- Oriane - French - sunrise
- Pele - Hawaiian - goddess of fire
- Phoenix - Greek - dark red and mythical bird that rose from flames
- Plamen - Serbian - fire or flame
- Salana - Latin - sun
- Seraphina - Hebrew - fire spirit
- Shula - Arabic - flame
- Surya - Hindi - sun god
- Tanwen - Welsh - white fire
- Tyson - French - firebrand
- Uri - Hebrew - my flame or my light
- Vatroslav - Croatian - fire glory
Found this helpful? Read How to find a unique baby name.
Trying to choose a baby name and want some help? Download the official Bump, Baby & You app.